Where should I post my question about leverages and loads in a lever system?

• Thread starter rons
  • Start date
In summary, there are various resources available for learning about leverages and loads in a lever system, such as textbooks, online articles, and scientific journals. Additionally, online forums and websites like Stack Exchange, ResearchGate, and Quora can provide helpful information and answers to questions. To ensure accuracy, it is important to provide details and cite sources when posing a question. Additionally, help can be sought for specific problems or projects through consulting with experts and utilizing online resources like video tutorials and online courses.
rons
I thought I'd maybe ask here, where to post a question I have, I can't quite tell from the forum names which might fit this. It's a question about leverages and loads at points in a lever system. thanks for any insight! Ron

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

If the question is for work or hobby and not for schoolwork, either the Physics/Mechanics forum or the Engineering/ME forum would seem to be a fit.

If it's for schoolwork or homework, the Homework Help, Introductory Physics or Engineering forum would probably be the best match.

OK thanks, yes it's not school/homework, but for an exercise article, I'll try the mechanics forum, thanks!

rons said:
OK thanks, yes it's not school/homework, but for an exercise article, I'll try the mechanics forum, thanks!
No, no, please do not cross-post at PF. Just read the Wikipedia article so you can figure out your questions on your own. If there is something that you don't understand in the Wikipedia article that is holding up your attempts at the calculations, just post your work here and say what is confusing you.

If the question is for work or hobby and not for schoolwork, either the Physics/Mechanics forum or the Engineering/ME forum would seem to be a fit.

ok sure thing, I only posted the question in that one forum you suggested with the wiki article :) I'm not into this stuff was looking for a quick answer, but will see if I can learn and do the calc myself, thanks!

Likes berkeman
rons said:
I'm not into this stuff was looking for a quick answer, but will see if I can learn and do the calc myself, thanks!
Great. Yeah, we don't just hand out answers here at PF; we try to help folks learn how to learn. And the question you are asking is pretty easy to figure out, so it shouldn't take you long to be able to answer it yourself. Plus then you'll understand how see-saws and similar things work, not to mention torque wrenches! :smile:

ok cool, I never usually need to know, but was curious about this, thanks much!

Related to Where should I post my question about leverages and loads in a lever system?

1. Where can I find information about leverages and loads in a lever system?

You can find information about leverages and loads in a lever system in various places such as textbooks, online articles, and scientific journals. You can also consult with experts in the field or attend workshops and conferences related to mechanics and engineering.

2. Is there a specific forum or website where I can post my question about leverages and loads in a lever system?

Yes, there are several online forums and websites dedicated to discussing mechanics and engineering topics, including leverages and loads in a lever system. Some popular options include Stack Exchange, ResearchGate, and Quora.

3. How can I ensure that my question about leverages and loads in a lever system is answered accurately?

To ensure accuracy, it is important to provide as much detail as possible in your question, including specific measurements and diagrams if applicable. You should also consider citing reliable sources to support your question and provide context for the answer.

4. Can I ask for help with a specific problem or project related to leverages and loads in a lever system?

Yes, you can ask for help with a specific problem or project related to leverages and loads in a lever system on various platforms, including online forums and websites, as well as through consulting with experts in the field.

5. Are there any online resources that I can use to learn more about leverages and loads in a lever system?

Yes, there are many online resources available to learn more about leverages and loads in a lever system, including video tutorials, interactive simulations, and online courses. You can also find helpful resources through reputable educational institutions and organizations.