Welcome to the PF community: Where should new members introduce themselves?

In summary, new members of the PF community should introduce themselves in the "Introduce Yourself" section of the forum. This is the designated area for new members to share a bit about themselves and get to know other members of the community. It is also a great way to familiarize oneself with the forum rules and guidelines, as well as to receive a warm welcome from fellow members. Introducing oneself in this section is a great way to start engaging with the community and to become an active member of the PF community.
ErnieGG
Hi, everyone. I'm pursuing a picky question and google led me here.

I am an audio/video system designer and installer with a bent toward problem solving and clear expression of ideas, especially when asking technical questions. Maybe that's why my question is picky.

Anyway, I think it will be interesting to visit this site and see what I can contribute.

Now, here's a question: What's happening? I was asked to introduce myself; I clicked on the link that appeared to be for that purpose; but I see I'm about to start a new thread. Does every new member create their own "hello" thread? Where should this have been?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Ernie! Great to have you! You did good!