Where can I find discussions about ball lightning and post anecdotal accounts?

• Thread starter Michelle Spalding
  • Start date
In summary, discussions and anecdotal accounts of ball lightning can be found on various online forums and discussion boards, as well as in scientific journals and publications. Many people have shared their personal experiences and theories about this mysterious phenomenon, sparking ongoing conversations and debates among both experts and curious individuals. Additionally, there are also dedicated websites and social media groups specifically focused on ball lightning, providing a platform for further discussion and exploration.
Michelle Spalding
Hello, I'm a new member. Found my way here trying to learn more about ball lightning or where I might find discussions and/or post anecdotal accounts. My mother's best friend experienced what I believe was ball lightning in her home yesterday. She has never heard of ball lightning and cannot understand what she witnessed. She didn't get photos of the object because it only lasted a few seconds, but took photos of some odd marks on the outside of the living room window where the object entered her house.

I'm hoping to find a forum where this sort of thing is discussed in a way that is neither dismissive or overrun with woo/metaphysical content. Any help or a point in the right direction is very much appreciated.

Likes Janosh89 and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

We don't ask or answer questions in the New Member Intro forum. I would try https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/other-physics-topics.111/ for your questions about ball lightning.

Also, use the PF search facility to look for previous threads on that topic.
https://www.physicsforums.com/search/30558/?q=ball+lightning&o=relevance

Likes Janosh89