Transitioning from Arts to Science: Overcoming Challenges and Pursuing a Passion

• Thread starter imbrightbabyblue
  • Start date
In summary, transitioning from arts to science can be a challenging but rewarding journey. It requires a shift in mindset and the development of new skills, but with determination and passion, one can overcome these challenges and pursue their passion for science. It is important to stay open-minded, seek guidance and resources, and embrace the learning process to successfully make the transition. Ultimately, following one's passion and utilizing the unique skills gained from an arts background can lead to a fulfilling and successful career in science.
imbrightbabyblue
How did you find PF?
Google search for homework help
Hello Everybody! My name is Ryan and I am 27 years old. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 2017 and have been contemplating my existence ever since. I've always had interest in Physics (particularly astronomy) and have always read Physics books in my spare time. During the pandemic, while re-evaluating my priorities, I read a chapter of a book which connected everything for me in a very beautiful way. As such, I decided that I had enough of the phoniness in the art world, and decided to pursue a career in science.

Unfortunately for me, in high school I took the bare minimum science and math courses I needed for my prerequisites. This fall, I returned to my study, enrolling in Grade 11 Physics. This 180 change in trajectory has me pounding my head against the wall trying to understand equations and mathematics I haven't come close to looking at in over 10 years. Today, I stumbled on this forum feeling like I found the Holy Grail. I'm very happy to be here, and hope that y'all can humour me in answering my silly little questions and helping clarify simple problems I'm encountering. Please be patient with me, as my practical knowledge is sub-par.

I'm taking well to the theoretical aspects of my course, but applying myself to the equations is proving difficult. I am conscious of my current low-level of understanding, but I am very dedicated to pursuing a future in science, and am working hard towards actually comprehending the material.

Thanks for reading!

-Ryan

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Physics and mathematics aren't easy and you have to put a lot of effort in.

PeroK said:

True! But to the OP, @imbrightbabyblue you have found a place where we all think that effort is well worthwhile!

Likes imbrightbabyblue
PeroK said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. What you've said is a true statement.

Likes berkeman