Overcoming Mental Illness to Pursue a Career in Science: A Personal Journey

• Thread starter harry_thawne
  • Start date
In summary, the journey of overcoming mental illness to pursue a career in science can be challenging, but also incredibly rewarding. It requires a strong support system, self-care practices, and determination to overcome obstacles and achieve success. One's personal journey may involve seeking therapy, medication, and making lifestyle changes, but ultimately it is about finding a balance and using one's experiences to fuel their passion for science. With determination and perseverance, it is possible to overcome mental illness and achieve one's goals in the field of science.
harry_thawne
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hello everyone!
I consider myself a rookie in physics, math, science in general and also I'm mentally ill unfortunately, I have a moderated depression diagnostic; but I want to be a scientist whatever it takes. I'm Mexican, so my english is bad. Be patient, please.
It appears that nobody has had the patience to explain to me some things, and nobody wants to give me detailed answers.
I hope you guys, could help me.
Thanks for read me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Michael Cornish, bhobba, Klystron and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
You are welcome here on PF. Your English sounds good.

Go ahead, find the appropriate forum, and post your question. One new thread per question please.

Likes bhobba and harry_thawne