New to the Forum, New to Civilian Life

• Thread starter InnovateNow
  • Start date
In summary, transitioning to civilian life can be a challenging experience for new forum members. It involves adjusting to a different lifestyle, building new relationships, and finding a new sense of purpose. The forum can be a valuable resource for support and guidance during this transition, offering a sense of community and a platform to share experiences and advice. It is important for new members to take advantage of the resources and connections available on the forum to make their transition to civilian life a smoother and more fulfilling experience.
InnovateNow
How did you find PF?
Viewed over the years as a curiosity.
Hello to all,
After 22 years in the Navy I am now retired, and working for a consulting firm. My Bachelors is not in Physics and My background is Cybersecurity, which means I may need a fair amount of help understanding certain concepts. I have viewed this forum for years always just curious and interested in a world that I really don't understand.

Lately I have become interested in Quantum Communication and if this counterfactual communication could be used as a secure means of communication, or is it all SCI-FI and Fluff. I have read some articles where this might be a feasible means of communications and would seriously like to converse with anyone who is currently working on this, or has the background and could work on something like this.

There seems to be very few articles on the subject so any help would be greatly appreciated. Or if Quantum Counterfactual Communication at distances of 7000 miles just cannot be done then let me know as well.

Likes berkeman and russ_watters
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We love it when lurkers who watched PF for years, finally become members.

Likes InnovateNow and russ_watters
Welcome to the PF, and Thank You for your service. (Army brat here) :smile:
InnovateNow said:
Quantum Counterfactual Communication
I did a PF forum search of that phrase, and got some interesting hits. Just in case you haven't read those threads yet, they may have links to other helpful references...

https://www.physicsforums.com/search/1730814/?q=Quantum+Counterfactual+Communication&o=relevance

Likes InnovateNow
Thank you for the heads up!

Likes berkeman