Can an Autistic, Disabled, Retired Firmware Architect Thrive on the Interweb?

• Thread starter Pattern-chaser
  • Start date
In summary, an autistic, disabled, retired firmware architect can indeed thrive on the internet through various opportunities such as freelance work, blogging, and online communities. With the right skills and resources, they can utilize their expertise and continue to contribute to the tech industry while also finding a supportive and inclusive community online. Despite potential challenges, the internet offers a platform for them to showcase their talents and connect with others, making it possible for them to thrive in their career and personal growth.
Pattern-chaser
How did you find PF?
DuckDuckGo search
Sorry, I couldn't think of a catchy title, so I used my long-time motto, as I often do here on the interweb. :wink:

My Twitter bio (@Patternchaser) reads thus: "Retired firmware architect; armchair philosopher; Gaian Daoist (tree-hugger). INTJ."

My education comprises Maths, Physics and Chemistry A-level, and an undergraduate degree in Electronics. I spent my working life in design - initially and briefly in digital hardware design, followed by 30+ years as a firmware designer. I have a life-long interest in hi-fi and audio electronics/equipment.

Being disabled - I have MS - I spend more and more of my time sedentary, on the interweb. My 'home' on the web is a philosophy forum. I am autistic, so my communication is explicit, that is so important to neurotypical communication. Here, on a physics forum, I don't anticipate any problems. :smile: 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! :smile:

Likes Pattern-chaser
This site is courteous - well done in this age of 'free speech' - but is a little to, er, regimented for me.

Thanks and farewell.

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"

• Skeptical
  • Sad
Likes weirdoguy and PeroK
Pattern-chaser said:
This site is courteous - well done in this age of 'free speech' - but is a little to, er, regimented for me.

Thanks and farewell.
Yeah, it's not for everybody. You made some good posts in your brief time here. Perhaps you will return some day. Take care.

Back