Inquisitive mind in need of a little guidance

• Thread starter JoJo
  • Start date
In summary, an inquisitive mind seeking guidance is a common occurrence. Many individuals with a curious nature may find themselves in need of direction or advice. Seeking guidance can help satisfy their thirst for knowledge and lead them to new and valuable insights. It is important for those with an inquisitive mind to actively seek out guidance and support in order to continue their intellectual growth and development.
JoJo
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Physics Forum, how exciting! I look forward to becoming a valued member.

I am a professional engineer and I make a living designing and building custom machinery and automation. Occasionally, when time allows, I work on projects that push my knowledge of physics. These are more personal science projects driven by my own curiosity, not billable jobs. My hope is that I can submit questions to the forum to solicit guidance from your members. I read through the your terms and rules and it seems like this would be allowed as long as the questions are founded in mainstream physics or science. That is, at least to the best of my ability. The answers that I seek may not be found in a published textbook but in this case I would welcome the opinion of your members.

Do I understand this correctly?

Thank you,
JoJo

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We are very glad to have you. It sounds like you are well on your way to being a valued member.

In science, our mission is to help explain mainstream science as defined in textbook and published papers. In engineering, we have more wiggle room on sources.

Great, thank you for the quick reply!