What is Particle Physics and How Can It Be Applied in Design and Computation?

• Thread starter phys_hep_81
  • Start date
In summary, particle physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of subatomic particles. It has a wide range of applications in fields such as design and computation, where understanding the fundamental properties of particles can lead to the development of new technologies and materials. By using particle accelerators and detectors, scientists can manipulate and observe particles, providing valuable insights for advancements in design and computation. This knowledge can also be applied to fields such as materials science and nanotechnology, allowing for the creation of innovative and efficient designs and computational systems. Ultimately, the study of particle physics plays a crucial role in shaping the future of technology and innovation.
phys_hep_81
How did you find PF?
by Googling
Hi everybody. Very glad to see you all. I am a graduated of particle physics and it is a long time I only do science as my job and not professional research.
My job is related to design and calculate the mechanical devices or computations to help my programmer colleagues and give them advice on some math/physical aspect of the job.
It is a long time that I have not touched anything serious about my specialty but I hope soon I will get back to do research on particle physics(which I am afraid is going to be too hard)
Again I am very happy to find this forum and am waiting to participate on discussion and try to be a good member.

Thanks for your attention

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: