Who is Bran Wildes and What Brings Them to the PF Community?

In summary, Bran Wildes is a well-known member of the PF (Personal Finance) community who is known for their expertise in summarizing content. They are highly regarded for their ability to condense information and provide concise summaries, rather than engaging in discussions or answering questions. Their presence in the PF community is valued for their ability to provide quick and easy-to-understand summaries of complex financial topics.
Bran
Gold Member
Greetings, PF Community -

Hi there! My name is Bran Wildes, and I originally found this forum by accident, while searching for something else on Google. The result included a question that stood out, and I thought it would be interesting to look at the conversation in its entirety. I got sucked in, and signed up with PF so I could participate in the thread. This resulted in being asked to start a new thread, answers came; and I found myself looking for a question posed by someone else, with the hope of being able to help out.

I am not a physicist - certainly not by education. I'm more or less a web geek with a penchant for philosophy and religion, who loves browsing around for ideas and solutions to just about anything. I like to know how and why things work the way they do. My grandfather was an avionics engineer, who counted calculus and astrophysics among his hobbies ... while he was educated enough to be fairly conversant in these subjects, it was the simple interest to learn about new things that I picked up from him. I tend to be brutally honest about what I do and do not know. What I can't answer directly and properly, I will either point to somewhere online where a qualified answer can be found, or I'll simply keep silent and enjoy learning from the answers provided by others!

I'm happy to answer any questions I can, and look forward to interacting more with PF members.

Cheers,
Bran.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you very much!