What do the prefixes I and B mean on threads?

• Thread starter Simon Phoenix
  • Start date
Simon Phoenix
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just thought it best to introduce myself here. I'm a physicist working in the area of quantum mechanics (non-relativistic) and quantum information theory. I've done a bit of work in quantum key distribution (QKD).

I know I'm not allowed to ask questions here - but if any kind soul can tell me what the pre-fixes I and B (etc) on threads mean I'd be very grateful - I couldn't find out what these mean from the FAQs or help. I've probably looked in the wrong place :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
Simon Phoenix said:
Just thought it best to introduce myself here. I'm a physicist working in the area of quantum mechanics (non-relativistic) and quantum information theory. I've done a bit of work in quantum key distribution (QKD).

I know I'm not allowed to ask questions here - but if any kind soul can tell me what the pre-fixes I and B (etc) on threads mean I'd be very grateful - I couldn't find out what these mean from the FAQs or help. I've probably looked in the wrong place :-)
Welcome to PF, Simon. :smile:

They indicate level of difficulty. They stand for Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced. If you try to create a new thread in certain areas, you can assign them when you create the thread.
ThreadLevel.jpg

Ah,

Kind of obvious when you explain it - hehe

Many thanks Borg :-)

Likes Borg