Semi retired medical device engineering tech seeks physics help

• Thread starter glider77
  • Start date
In summary, a semi-retired medical device engineering technician is seeking help with physics. This individual likely has a background in engineering and technology, but is now looking to expand their knowledge into the field of physics. They may be seeking assistance with specific concepts or problems, or simply looking for a general understanding of the subject. Their experience in the medical device industry may also indicate a focus on the intersection of physics and healthcare technology.
glider77
How did you find PF?
Google search
Pardon me if I've got this wrong, but I'm posting this as a general introduction, not a specific forum question.

I have many years experience in design, manufacture and inspection of medical devices, primarily mechanical prosthetic heart valves, but with some orthopedic implants as well. I have a few patents in these areas.

I have a rudimentary knowledge of classical physics from high school and first year college AP. I have a similar level of knowledge of calculus with a tiny bit of linear algebra thrown in. I'm expecting math to be a challenge.

Physics was my first interest in school, but I ended up in manufacturing. As time becomes available, I want to explore physics again.

Likes Lnewqban and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. This is indeed the Introductions forum, so you nailed it! Questions go in the other technical or general forums.

It's great to have you here. Several of us have experience in medical device design and/or Biomedical Engineering. Enjoy! :smile:

Welcome, glider77!

Thanks!

Likes Lnewqban