Overcoming Mathematical Challenges in Physics Studies: A Personal Journey

• Thread starter mercenarycor
  • Start date
In summary, overcoming mathematical challenges in physics studies requires a combination of determination, hard work, and seeking help when needed. This was evident in the personal journey of the writer, who initially struggled with the complex math concepts in physics but eventually developed a strong understanding through persistence and seeking guidance from professors and peers. It is important to not give up and to utilize available resources to overcome these challenges and succeed in physics studies.
mercenarycor
Some of you may have already seen my posts, for those that haven't, hello! I am currently working on my Bachelors in Physics, and eventually want to get my Masters, and hopefully one day even up to my Doctorate. But first I have to get through my classes.
I have a lot of issues with how textbooks skip steps. I have a terrible memory, and have apparently missed large swathes of fundamental mathematics that should have laid the groundwork for me to know what all these examples are doing.
Hopefully I will eventually be able to help others, instead of just looking for help all the time. I really want to actually understand what I'm doing, instead of just doing it. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Good luck!