Overcoming Physics Procrastination: A College Student's Journey

• Thread starter lela
  • Start date
In summary, overcoming physics procrastination can be a challenging journey for college students. It requires understanding the root causes of procrastination, such as fear of failure or lack of interest, and developing effective strategies to combat them. These strategies may include breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks, setting specific and achievable goals, and seeking support from peers or professors. Additionally, cultivating a positive mindset and consistently practicing self-discipline can also help students overcome physics procrastination. By actively addressing this issue, students can improve their academic performance and reduce stress and anxiety in their college experience.
lela
How did you find PF?
Via Google search
I used to do homechooling and didn't really have mentors that would guide me through the classes , I would look for the study material for my exams on my own which led to me cutting corners when it came to studying/researching the physics part of my natural sciences exam, I focused on biology and chemistry because those were the things I was most interested in and thought would be more relevant for the major i wanted to study in uni.
Turns out, I do have to take a mandatory physics course after all... I am having more fun studying physics now though and am very interested, regret not giving it a second chance earlier (got frustrated studying optics in high school and gave up on physics haha)

I am not a native speaker, so forgive me for any grammar/spelling mistakes I make :bow:

Likes Twigg and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello @lela,
:welcome: ##\qquad## !​

PF should be a good resource for you ! Best of luck with your efforts !

##\ ##

Likes lela
BvU said:
Hello @lela,
:welcome: ##\qquad## !​

PF should be a good resource for you ! Best of luck with your efforts !

##\ ##
Thank you!