How Can a Physics Ph.D. Engage with STEM Outside Academia?

• Thread starter nightvidcole
  • Start date
In summary, a physics Ph.D. can engage with STEM outside of academia by pursuing careers in industries such as technology, research and development, and government agencies. They can also participate in outreach and mentorship programs to inspire future scientists and contribute to the wider scientific community. Additionally, they can use their expertise to consult and collaborate with businesses and organizations on various projects. Networking and staying updated on current trends and advancements in STEM fields is crucial for success in non-academic careers. Overall, a physics Ph.D. has numerous opportunities to utilize their skills and knowledge in non-traditional STEM roles.
nightvidcole
How did you find PF?
Google searches of physics topics
I got my Physics Ph.D. In 2017 from the University of Maryland, College Park. I work outside academia now, and miss being able to have in-depth physics discussions.

Likes Coolkid Maxxy and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Please take some time to read our site guidelines (see link below in my signature) as our main focus is to help students with STEM questions and homework (we give hints). We don't discuss personal theories or fringe science only stuff from established peer reviewed science and technical journals.

Welcome again.

Jedi