Exploring a New Theory of Gravity: Filling in the Gaps of Newtonian Physics

In summary, a new theory of gravity has been proposed in order to fill in the gaps of Newtonian physics. This theory, known as the Modified Newtonian Dynamics (MOND), suggests that gravity is not solely determined by mass, but also by the distribution of matter in the universe. This challenges the long-held belief that mass is the only factor affecting gravitational pull. The MOND theory has been gaining attention and support in the scientific community, but it still requires further research and evidence to fully explain the behavior of gravity and potentially revolutionize our understanding of the universe.
jzz
How did you find PF?
I have known of Physics forums for some time and am impressed by the reputation for excellence that the forum has acquired.
My name is Dilip (James) I am fascinated by physics and have written three books on the subject, which indicates my level of interest.. My latest book “The Electromagnetic Universe: A New Physics” is available on Amazon and describes in detail: a new theory on the propagation of light, a new theory of electricity, a new theory of radio waves, describes how and why magnetism works in the way it does. Describes a new theory of gravity that very closely follows Newton’s Gravity. Although Newton was able to explain in great detail how gravity worked in the way it did, he was never able to explain why gravity worked in the way it did. He left it to others who would follow to find the causes of gravity. My theory perfectly explains why Newtonian gravity works in the way it does filling in all the gaps. Unfortunately, both Einstein and the followers of quantum mechanics have castigated Newton by falsely accusing him of using Action at a Distance to explain gravity. Nothing could be further from the truth. Newton was well aware of the shortcomings of his theory of gravity. I have published several papers at Academia..

I should state at this juncture, that I am well aware that the Physics Forums does not allow discussions on new untried theories. Fine with me, I am not discussing new theories, it is not my object to air or advertise any new theories. I look forward to interacting with you in some fruitful discussions.

Likes Physicistpropeller and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Dilip. And thank you for acknowledging that you understand the PF ground rules for technical discussions. :smile:

Likes Physicistpropeller
Berkeman: Thanks for the welcome to physics forums, it is greatly appreciated.

Likes berkeman
Just out of sheer curiosity, did you have a proper (i.e. diploma-ending) university education in physics (at least 3 years), and in which country did you study physics at the university, if you're kind to share?

Last edited: