Is a Career in Academia the Right Choice for a Physics Graduate?

• Thread starter Ege_O
  • Start date
In summary, a confused physics graduate is someone who has completed a degree in physics but still lacks a clear understanding of the subject. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as difficulty grasping complex concepts, inadequate teaching, or a lack of interest. As a result, they may struggle to apply their knowledge in real-world situations or pursue a career in the field. It is important for educators and institutions to provide support and resources for these students to help them gain a better understanding of physics and reach their full potential.
Ege_O
How did you find PF?
I was searching about how and where to do master in mathematical physics and wondering if a career in mathematical physics is reasonable for me. I saw this forum in Google and so here I am.
I am a physics graduate from Middle East Technical University in Turkey with 3.45/4.00 CGPA. I've always wanted to be a theoretical/mathematical physicist since elementary school. I took String Theory, General Relativity, Particle Physics courses in my undergraduate years. However, many of people around the internet say a career in academia is very competitive (and therefore, stressful), thus, I am not sure what to do now. I joined this forum to find an answer.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile:

Post a new thread in the Academic Guidance forum to get some good replies.

Likes Ege_O
Welcome, Ege_O :cool:
We are all confused somehow! :smile: