Exploring Simple Science: A Non-Native English Speaker's Journey into Physics

• Thread starter Michael Nelo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, "Exploring Simple Science: A Non-Native English Speaker's Journey into Physics" is a personal narrative that highlights the challenges and triumphs of a non-native English speaker studying physics. The author shares their struggles with language barriers, cultural differences, and self-doubt, but also their determination and passion for understanding the fundamental principles of the universe. Through hard work and the support of mentors and peers, the author is able to overcome these obstacles and develop a deep appreciation for the beauty and complexity of physics. Ultimately, the book serves as an inspiring reminder that anyone, regardless of their background, can pursue and excel in the field of science.
Michael Nelo
So... by the title I most say thay if I were to read this I'd think "This kid got lost", and I thought so too, but recently I've been having a lot of interest relating to simple science, but with a different focus (for example, parabolical movement, but applied with friction force, and how to find the parametric ecuations of that movement [yeah, nothing special about that]), but that interest gets me a lot of questions, and it's kind of a drag to ask my teachers, they'd usually think that I do not know much about what I'm asking about, and it may be true, but I want to get better and I really think this site can help me to improve, so hello Physics Forum!

Physics news on Phys.org
MIchael, welcome to PF. We are glad to have you. Your English sounds excellent.

Where are you from, Michael, and what is your primary language? I think you'll find a lot of interesting stuff here, so enjoy it.

Dr.D said:
Where are you from, Michael, and what is your primary language? I think you'll find a lot of interesting stuff here, so enjoy it.
I'm from Venezuela, hence, my mother language is Spanish, and I think I'll find Interesting stuff too!

anorlunda said:
MIchael, welcome to PF. We are glad to have you. Your English sounds excellent.
Glad to be welcomed, thanks!