What topics do retired scientists seek to learn more about?

• Thread starter Robert Nowosielski
  • Start date
In summary, retired scientists seek to learn more about a wide range of topics including advancements in their field, new technologies, and current research in related fields. They also often seek to expand their knowledge in areas outside of their expertise, such as history, philosophy, and the arts. Additionally, many retired scientists are interested in learning about new areas of scientific inquiry, as well as topics related to personal interests or hobbies. Overall, retired scientists continue to have a strong curiosity and desire to learn, even after their formal careers have ended.
Robert Nowosielski
I am retired after working in the utility business for 45 years. I have a BS in Computer Science from Drexel University and a Masters in Information Technology from Florida Institute of Technology. I have an interest in learning and filling in holes in my education. I did all of my course work at night while working, supporting a family, and struggling with PTSD from my stent in Vietnam. I found that I never had any time to ponder or deeply understand the math and science I was taking. I just had to get through the course work. Now, I look for interesting and informative topics where ever I can find them.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Robert!