What is the best alternative to Georgi for learning quantum physics and math?

• Thread starter zzssz
  • Start date
In summary, the best alternative to Georgi for learning quantum physics and math is the "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" book by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman. This book offers a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the fundamentals of quantum mechanics and covers a wide range of topics including linear algebra, wave functions, and quantum measurements. It also includes exercises and solutions to help reinforce learning. Other alternatives include online courses from universities like MIT and Caltech, as well as textbooks such as "Modern Quantum Mechanics" by J.J. Sakurai. Ultimately, the best alternative will depend on an individual's learning style and goals.
zzssz
Some notes on my background, in case it affects your answer: Ultimately, I'm a physics guy (a grad student) so I'll be using my new-found knowledge for quantum. My math background is pretty strong, though (I doubled in it in undergrad), and this request is specifically to give me something other than Georgi to learn from. I want the anti-Georgi. I love learning math, and this is my first big project to keep doing that outside of classrooms.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile: