How Do Cantilever Physics Apply to Building a Lightweight Truck Camper?

• Thread starter plainairpainter
  • Start date
In summary, building a cab over slide in truck camper is a complex process that requires careful planning and attention to detail. It involves designing and constructing a durable and functional living space on top of a truck, with features such as a bed, kitchenette, and storage. The process also includes considerations for weight distribution, stability, and safety while driving. Building a cab over slide in truck camper requires a significant investment of time and resources, but the end result can be a versatile and convenient way to travel and explore.
plainairpainter
How did you find PF?
Google of course.
Hi,
My name is Raymond and I am building an ultra lite slide in truck camper with a cabover sleeping area and I am looking for advice on cantilever physics. I am using solid closed cell from board with an aluminum skeleton covered in fiberglass. I will post my question in a separate thread as I understand this post is just for an introduction. Glad I found this site. Thanks in advance for any help.
Raymond

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Raymond. :smile:

Hi Berkeman, thanks for the welcome. I have a question about cantilevering aluminum over a Toyota Tacoma for a camper. Should I post the question in the mechanical engineering forum?

Yeah, either ME or the DIY forum. Since it's for a personal project, I'd lean toward posting it in the DIY forum. Please be sure to include your thoughts on project safety with your post -- we're big on helping to keep our folks safe as they work on projects and use them later. :smile:

Likes plainairpainter
berkeman said:
Yeah, either ME or the DIY forum. Since it's for a personal project, I'd lean toward posting it in the DIY forum. Please be sure to include your thoughts on project safety with your post -- we're big on helping to keep our folks safe as they work on projects and use them later. :smile:
Will do. Thank you

Likes berkeman