What are the latest advancements in cosmology and particle physics?

• Thread starter Seppo Turunen
  • Start date
In summary, the latest advancements in cosmology and particle physics have revealed new insight into the origins and structure of our universe. These include the discovery of dark matter and dark energy, advancements in understanding the early universe through cosmic microwave background radiation, and the observation of gravitational waves. In particle physics, the discovery of the Higgs boson has provided evidence for the existence of the Higgs field, which gives particles their mass. The development of new technologies, such as the Large Hadron Collider, has also allowed for further exploration and understanding of the fundamental particles and forces that make up our universe. Overall, these advancements have deepened our understanding of the universe and opened up new avenues for research and discovery in the fields of cosmology and particle physics
Seppo Turunen
How did you find PF?
via Google search
Hello!

I am a retired EE interested in advances in cosmology and particle physics. A spent a large part of my professional life developing satellite navigation technology. I am glad to have found this forum and look forward to participating interesting discussions and deepening my understanding of physics.

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: