What have been your highlights of 2014?

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation covers the topic of favorite memories and moments from 2014. Some highlights mentioned include getting a new job, turning 21, going on holiday, meeting "The Man," attending the WI Science Festival, traveling to Japan and New Zealand for a honeymoon, planning for something special in the future, and moving to Hong Kong as a foreign exchange student. There is also mention of personal growth and potential changes in sexual orientation. Some individuals express hope for a better year in 2015.
hbk4894
as the majority of the year is now over thought i would start this thread , in 2014 what have been your favourite memories or moments

mine have been getting a new job , turning 21 and going on hoilday.

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't kill myself

Likes Greg Bernhardt
This year I realize I am a true man.
But I am still loving song like this (both melody and lyrics sound really good)

and don't know if I'll change my sex orientation once I am into more similar song lyrics...

dlgoff said:
The WI Science Festival was a definite highlight for me too! Earlier in the year I had my honeymoon to Japan and New Zealand. That was pretty awesome!

Likes dlgoff
I hope the best moment is still ahead. Doesn't mean there were no good moments earlier, but I plan for something special (to me, doesn't have to be special for others).

Traveling to Rome with my family!

For me, maybe 2015 will be better, 2014 was a very sad year.

Evo said:
For me, maybe 2015 will be better, 2014 was a very sad year.
:( So sorry Evo.

Moving to Hong Kong as a foreign exchange student

Related to What have been your highlights of 2014?

1. What have been your biggest achievements in 2014?

The highlight of 2014 for me was successfully publishing my research on the effects of climate change on marine life in a top scientific journal. It was a culmination of years of hard work and dedication.

2. Can you share any notable breakthroughs or discoveries you made in 2014?

One of the most exciting discoveries I made in 2014 was the potential use of a new compound in treating antibiotic-resistant bacteria. This could have a huge impact on the medical field and I am currently working on further developing this research.

3. What conferences or events did you attend in 2014?

I attended several conferences and events in 2014, including the International Conference on Environmental Science and the Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience. These opportunities allowed me to network with other scientists and share my research with a wider audience.

4. How did your research contribute to the scientific community in 2014?

In 2014, my research on the effects of pollution on local bird populations was used by local policymakers to implement stricter regulations on industrial waste disposal. It was rewarding to see the direct impact of my work on environmental conservation efforts.

5. What were some challenges you faced in 2014 and how did you overcome them?

One of the biggest challenges I faced in 2014 was securing funding for my research projects. However, I was able to overcome this obstacle by applying for grants and collaborating with other scientists to secure funding. It taught me the importance of networking and teamwork in the scientific community.