What impact has the COVID-19 pandemic had on your job?

In summary: The rest of the lab is closed off and we are waiting for new equipment to arrive.In summary, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a minimal impact on the job for those who work in the biostatistics field.
Ah, one more thing. The 40,000 flu deaths are a very questionable extrapolation. The actual number of recorded flu deaths in the US is ~3000-15,000 per year. If we limit COVID-19 to recorded cases then we should probably do that for the flu as well. With the lower number that's an order of magnitude already.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...u-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/

Physics news on Phys.org
I own a couple of agricultural businesses. My business has done exceptionally well in 2020 even with all the issues.

There have been issues of delays in parts for machines. I have been exposed to Covid-19 by my employees but remain well. . I have been impacted by employee’s illness with Covid-19. I have had difficulty obtaining normal medical care. Our business cannot stop without complete failure so we have no choice but to work as normal. The only protection in place is mask and hand washing. The other helpful condition is our work is out doors.

The biggest issue has been the fear and stress of being worried about my employees and my family. Isolation from friends and older family members has added to the issues. Being in my mid-seventies creates other concerns.

My wife and I received the first vaccine shots last week. Only one other person has been vaccinated. I employ a wide range of people from farm workers to PhDs.

You cannot grow plants from your home office…lol

Stay safe and well,

Billy

Likes Wrichik Basu and wukunlin