What are your highlights of 2015?

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, this year has been good for me. I've improved a lot in different areas and have made some good relationships. I'm really looking forward to continuing this trend in the coming year.
hbk4894
as it is nearly the end of the year , thought we should start this thread so what has been everyone's favourite moments during the last year?

Physics news on Phys.org
I have various categories.

For me personally, I am glad that circumstances of my life have improved a bit. I am not so stressed out. Around April - May I felt that if the bad things continue I would end up in a psychiatric hospital. Luckily, things improved.
My favourite memories of the year are from holiday in Italy :)
Relationships- I've learned things about certain people I've known for a long time. Discovered we can not be friends any more. it was painful, but I am relieved now. Got to know many new people in the last year.
art and hobbies- I've read quite a lot of books this year and learned some basic tunes on my new recorder :D

World issues: immigration crisis, terrorism

science- landing on comet

I got accepted to a top university in Canada!

It was awesome because I've been an underachiever all my life. In high school I had 50% average, failed math, English, did a victory lap just to fail some more. There was a huge turning point where I started to get into science and wanted to start a career in STEM. So I started doing the required courses, and a year later I'm in uni, dying from homework. :')

Falling in love with my girlfriend, achieving some major strength goals, buying my Jeep and taking it on trips to beautiful places, seeing tons of awesome shows. Overall it's been a good year I think.

One highlight this year is first, I'm in twelfth grade and easy as it may sound to some of you reading this, I'm finally so close to getting straight A's. It's almost the end of the trimester and I want to get it so badly. I've noticed myself slack a bit but I'm going to get back on track.

Rowing a raft down the Grand Canyon. It took three weeks.

Hornbein said:
Rowing a raft down the Grand Canyon. It took three weeks.

That must've been fun. I can't swim so I'd be screwed and I don't trust life jackets because if I hit a rock, that life jacket isn't going to save me then.

FritoTaco said:
That must've been fun. I can't swim so I'd be screwed and I don't trust life jackets because if I hit a rock, that life jacket isn't going to save me then.

The scenery is unearthly, unimaginable. The inner gorge is of very hard rock, narrow and steep. Not only that, all of the deepest strata are tilted 90 degrees.

The Little Colorado River was bright blue. Also unearthly.

My highlight was seeing my brother for the first time since his deployment, it was a huge surprise for our family! Another highlight is going back to school this year after some family issues, so glad to be in school.

Likes Ironmanlet
FritoTaco said:
[...] I can't swim so I'd be screwed and I don't trust life jackets because if I hit a rock, that life jacket isn't going to save me then.
Put on your helmet and make it rough in the streams please.

I discovered I am almost gay this year.

Flight School graduation was a pretty significant moment. One of the most significant of the year for sure.

Silicon Waffle said:
I discovered I am almost gay this year.

What does that mean?

I am going to reach a full level of gayness.

So close!

Related to What are your highlights of 2015?

1. What scientific discoveries or breakthroughs did you make in 2015?

In 2015, my team and I were able to make significant progress in understanding the mechanisms of cancer cell growth and developing potential treatments.

2. Can you tell us about any notable publications or presentations you had in 2015?

I had the opportunity to present our research findings at several international conferences and we also published our work in a top scientific journal.

3. How did your research impact the scientific community in 2015?

Our work received recognition from other researchers in the field, and we were able to collaborate with other scientists to further advance our findings.

4. Did you receive any notable awards or recognition for your work in 2015?

Yes, I was honored with the Young Scientist Award at the annual conference of our organization for my contributions to the field of cancer research.

5. What are your plans for continuing your research in 2016 based on your highlights from 2015?

We will continue to build upon our findings and aim to develop potential treatments for specific types of cancer, while also exploring new areas of research related to cell growth and proliferation.