What are the top topics in physics for discussion on this forum?

• Thread starter Fullmphysicist
  • Start date
Fullmphysicist
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum and I'll use it to introduce myself.
Im 22 years old and live in Switzerland. My native language is german and I appologize once right now for possible language mistakes in my future posts. I'm sure you will simply ask me back if something isn't understandable due to a faulty use of english.
I'm studying physics at the ETH in Zürich in the 3rd semester. My favorite topics up to know have been the theoretical subjects (especially things like Lagrangian formalism in classical mechanics) and also some mathematical subjects like complex analysis (there are just some beautyful theorems in that subject). I'm very much looking forward to learn more about Quantum Mechanics (I've only had one lecture about some QM stuff which was mainly an introduction to the field yet) and also general relativity.
My hobbies are reading (fantasy, but also many other things), swimming, playing the drums and also watching animes (my username is an alteration of the anime title "fullmetal alchemist").
I joined this forum for various reasons. Two that I can formulate clearly are:
1. I like discussing and learning about ways to interprete quantum mechanics. (We don't have a lecture about possible interpretations)
2. I love thought experiments. Especially such that mix physical ideas with other sciences (I've made 1 particular about possible physical interpretations of consciousnes and if I don't find a similar thread on the forum my second bigger post will probably be about this thought experiment).
I would be delighted to hear hints about where I can find and open discussions about those 2 points :)
I'm really looking forward to having some great discussions here!

Likes G Cooke
Physics news on Phys.org
Willkommen I am Forum, Fullmphysicist!
It's a pleasure to meet you!
I'm from Maryland, USA and am an electrical engineering student at the University of Maryland focused in power systems and clean energy. One of my favorite things to do is learn and speak other languages, and my favorite language is German! My two favorite (and easiest) classes in college so far have been German and Modern Physics.
I look forward to hearing about your physical interpretation of consciousness, and I hope to speak some German with you!

Very nice to meet you G Cooke.
I'm sure we'll have the oppertunity to talk some German sometimes :)

Likes G Cooke