Where can I find a community to discuss general physics topics?

• Thread starter Robokop
  • Start date
In summary, there are several online communities that offer a platform for discussing general physics topics, such as Reddit's r/Physics and Quora's Physics forum. These communities allow individuals with varying levels of knowledge and expertise to engage in discussions, ask questions, and share resources related to physics. Additionally, many universities and colleges have physics clubs or organizations that provide a space for students and faculty to come together and discuss physics topics. Offline options such as attending conferences, workshops, or joining a local physics group can also provide opportunities for discussing physics with like-minded individuals.
Robokop
How did you find PF?
I used Duck Duck Go to search for gravity and entropy
Hello, I am a 60 year old male living in central Minnesota USA. I have no formal education in physics, but I am fascinated with Quantum physics and Astro physics. I have been watching some lectures on these subjects in Great Courses. But, I am looking for a place where I can discuss these subjects with others. Unfortunately I can't ask the professors in the lectures questions. So, I am hoping this may be a place where I can have casual conversations about various topics related to physics.

Likes berkeman, PeroK and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you, I am excited to be here.