What are the interests and aspirations of a Cape Town math student?

In summary, a Cape Town math student is someone who is passionate about mathematics and has a strong desire to excel in the subject. They are interested in solving complex problems and understanding the underlying principles of mathematics. These students are driven and motivated to push themselves to their full potential, with aspirations of pursuing careers in fields such as engineering, finance, and research. They also have a love for learning and are constantly seeking to improve their skills and knowledge in mathematics.
Duncan R
Hi there,

I'm one of those rare undergrads happy with the idea of being a statistician, although I originally planned to focus on genetics. My mathematical ability and understanding is only at 1st year level, but it improves by the day! I am particularly interested in learning Mathematica and R. I am fascinated by physics but am only now starting to study it properly, in applied mathematics courses.

Besides my studies I am most passionate about social justice issues, in fact I am keen to do statistical work on them eventually. I also love Chinese and Lego, and have constructed a custom Lego laptop (based on a Surface pro 3 tablet) which I use for all my varsity work. Here it is at its first maths lecture!

U-gWw57y1sB_L8BytrSjwfF2Rg7PxBJf2TPIjVxIGJA-wjQG91W5GTDKdOk1xL158rq9tkgyGFzPIxA7QJ2=w798-h449-no.jpg

Likes mechpeac and Drakkith
Physics news on Phys.org
Duncan R said:
U-gWw57y1sB_L8BytrSjwfF2Rg7PxBJf2TPIjVxIGJA-wjQG91W5GTDKdOk1xL158rq9tkgyGFzPIxA7QJ2=w798-h449-no.jpg
Very impressive!

Welcome to PF, too. :)

Very cool! Welcome to the forum.