Student interested in Physics and Math

• Thread starter SilverSoldier
  • Start date
In summary, a student with an interest in physics and math is someone who enjoys the study of natural phenomena and the use of mathematical principles to explain and understand the world around them. This individual may have a passion for solving complex problems and exploring the intricacies of the universe through equations and theories. They may also have a strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a curious and inquisitive mind. Overall, a student interested in physics and math is someone who is fascinated by the laws and patterns that govern our universe and is eager to delve deeper into these subjects.
SilverSoldier
Hello everybody!

I am a student from Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 interested in, and studying Math, Physics and Chemistry for my Advanced Level exams.

I wish to use Physics Forums for clarifying certain doubts and confusions I have about certain concepts in Physics, rather than only getting help for homework questions, because most of the time, I come up with problems by myself.

I wonder therefore, if the homework help category would fit my questions, because not always do my questions have associated homework statements and stuff like that. Do guide me on selecting an appropriate category for such questions.

Thank you for taking your time. I believe Physics Forums will be very helpful in my studies. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome:!

Just make sure that you shows us some effort so that we can see where difficulties or misunderstandings lie.

But in general: Come in and stay curious!

Likes SilverSoldier and sysprog
Hi @SilverSoldier,

@fresh_42, the Mentor/Moderator who just welcomed you aboard, is a great mathematics guy. I'm not as good at mathematics as he is, but I too welcome you aboard. Welcome to the Physics Forums.

Regards,

-sysprog-

Likes SilverSoldier
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
SilverSoldier said:
I wonder therefore, if the homework help category would fit my questions, because not always do my questions have associated homework statements and stuff like that. Do guide me on selecting an appropriate category for such questions.
In general, all schoolwork-like questions (even if for self-study) go in the Homework Help forums, and use the format that is outlined there for questions. Here is an old thread that helps to explain the PF philosophy on such questions:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/homework-coursework-questions.373889/

Likes SilverSoldier and sysprog