What are the Challenges of Teaching Mathematics in Brazil?

• Thread starter Italo Marinho
  • Start date
In summary, the challenges of teaching mathematics in Brazil include lack of resources and qualified teachers, as well as cultural and societal attitudes that prioritize other subjects over math. Additionally, there is a high level of inequality and poverty, which can make it difficult for students to focus on learning. The education system in Brazil also faces challenges such as overcrowded classrooms and a lack of support for students with learning disabilities. However, efforts are being made to improve math education in Brazil through initiatives such as teacher training programs and the integration of technology in the classroom.
Italo Marinho
I'm a mathematics teacher in Brazil, a d i hope that this forum can help my students undestand better calcullus and something more about calculus, here in Brazil we have many difficulties with the teaching of mathematic from high school to college in courses where mathematics is the fundamental basis.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can offer guidance and sometime i might need help. Who knows about next second?

Welcome to PF!