Finding My Passion: A Scientist's Journey Through All Subjects

• Thread starter José Ricardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    exam
In summary, "Finding My Passion: A Scientist's Journey Through All Subjects" is a story about a scientist who struggled to find his true passion in life. Growing up, he excelled in all subjects and couldn't decide which path to pursue. It wasn't until he started working in a lab that he discovered his love for science. Through his journey, he learns the importance of trying new things and the value of perseverance. He also realizes that it's okay to not have everything figured out and that sometimes, the best path is the one we stumble upon. Ultimately, the scientist finds his passion and is able to pursue his dreams with determination and enthusiasm.
José Ricardo
Hi guys, Good afternoon,

I study at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, I'm a undergraduate student from the Physics School.
I like all the subjects, but the only subject that I never got on so well in school was textual production (although I passed), and in pre-university courses, it was writing (For my letter that was horrible, and text Today, this is no longer the case, but to this day I like it, because it makes me think critically, as if I were studying Philosophy.) This is also a wonderful subject that I had in high school, but badly and so both (as Carl Sagan said in "The World Haunted by Demons.") As much as there was only one time to study Philosophy, and the other subjects were more privileged: Portuguese had four strokes, mathematics as well , History, Sociology and Geography were two, Chemistry as well as Biology and English.The only matter that was not on the same level, of course, was Spanish.

"But José, how can you like all the subjects?" Well. What got me interested in all the subjects at the beginning, from when I was a child, was a cartoon from the end of the early 2000s, it was a cartoon called "Wicked Science", which was called in Brazil this series of "Ciência Travessa" in Brazilian Portuguese). At that time, I watched Mythbusters, Supercamera, Superhumans of Stan Lee (2004 I was 8 years old).

That's where I started to like everything. I did not have this business that most children and adolescents have "ah, I am human", "ah, I am of exact". And I always did well in all matters (except essay argumentative).After I entered a pre-military course, I did not like it (this at the end of 2010, because of a damn influence of my father), I left in 2012, I did not like it, then I went to another course, I did not like it either. to like), 2015 I gave up on militarism. 2016 I started to study exclusively and exclusively for the university entrance exam and in 2017, I did a university entrance exam, I waited for the result and I went to Physics in the same year.

At that time, I wanted to be an aviator, naval officer, merchant marine runner, mechanical engineer, chemical engineer (engineering came in 2014), 2016 wanted physical engineering (my physics teacher advised me not to do so, employment in Brazil). I remember I told him: "But I know English." And he said it was not enough, then I switched to baccalaureate physics, then to baccalaureate. And finally I passed to major.

This is my story. I hope you guys enjoyed.

<< Mentor Note -- profanity deleted >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, Greg!