Social and natural sciences interdisciplinarian

• Thread starter interdiscSCI
  • Start date
In summary, social and natural sciences are increasingly becoming interdisciplinarian as researchers and academics recognize the need to integrate multiple perspectives and methods in order to address complex issues and problems. This approach allows for a more holistic understanding and analysis of topics such as climate change, human behavior, and technological advancements. By combining the strengths of both social and natural sciences, interdisciplinary research can lead to more effective solutions and advancements in various fields. This trend towards interdisciplinarity is expected to continue as the interconnectedness of our world becomes more apparent and pressing issues require collaborative efforts and diverse perspectives.
interdiscSCI
Hello PhysicsForums community,

I am a double major in physics and quantitative economics. While my primary interest is in the physical sciences, I am also fairly well versed in philosophy, sociology, psychology, political science, etc. (although of course I'm by no means an expert in any of these).

I'm currently a junior in my undergrad program, in the process of getting prepared for grad school in physics. I am most interested in both theoretical and experimental work being done on gravitational waves and particle accelerators; my aim is to find a graduate program whose projects may include working towards reconciling general relativity and quantum mechanics.

Looking forward to getting to know this community!

Kindly,
~interdiscSCI

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!