Self-Educating in Maths and Physics: Seeking Help from the Scientific Community

• Thread starter Claric1
  • Start date
In summary, self-educating in maths and physics can involve seeking help from the scientific community, whether it be through online resources, forums, or mentorship programs. By tapping into the vast knowledge and expertise of others, individuals can supplement their own learning and gain a deeper understanding of these complex subjects. Active engagement and collaboration with the scientific community can also lead to valuable connections and opportunities for further growth and development.
Claric1
Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm totally new to this kind of thing.

I'm currently self-educating in maths and physics and was hoping, from time to time, to ask questions on topics or concepts that I'm struggling with. I am not studying towards any specific qualification; I just have a keen interest and a real thirst for understanding.

I was educated up to secondary level (16 years) and enjoyed maths and physics at the time although this was some time ago. I therefore apologise in advance if I ask any questions which seem too elementary for a forum such as this. My justification is that I would rather ask a 'stupid question' and get the right answer rather than spend a lifetime assuming I understand something when perhaps I'm mistaken.

Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer with future questions.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile: