Reviving Physics Education: A Teacher's Journey Back to the Basics

• Thread starter Chadley
  • Start date
In summary, "Reviving Physics Education: A Teacher's Journey Back to the Basics" is a book that discusses the importance of teaching fundamental concepts in physics to students. The author, a physics teacher, shares their personal experience of realizing the shortcomings of modern physics education and how they went back to teaching the basics to their students. Through their journey, they highlight the significance of building a strong foundation in physics and how it can benefit students in their academic and professional pursuits. The book also offers practical tips and strategies for teachers to effectively teach and engage students in learning physics.
Chadley
Hi there,
Biology and Chemistry teacher here but always liked Physics too. If I could go back in time, I might have chosen to major in Engineering. Lately I've had to teach a bit of Physics at secondary school level (UK-based syllabus) and also started getting interested in electronics. This forum looks like a great platform for learning, so here I am!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
We definitely need Physics teachers here in England. I scraped my A-level in the subject decades ago, -even then
it was dumbed down (Lond. Uni syllabus) with no calculus whatsoever! I would have been given a greater
appreciation of the realm and scope had it done so... Enjoyed Biology though,

more into mathematics now
Welcome to PF Chadley! hope the forums via Google Chrome stabilises, or might be my tablet..