What Have You Learned from the Physics Forums Community?

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
In summary: Physics!In summary, Holly Ferret-Face leaves Physics Forums after being there for help and support. She thanks everyone and says that she will miss them.
holly
Faire Denizens of Physics Forums, I bid thee farewell...

Thank you for the help given me on the Homework Forum. I did superbly this semester and now, no one can dislodge me from the Sonography Program...and it's all thanks to the guys who shared their time and their intelligence with me...truly, their generosity has changed the course of my life. They have permanent places on my Prayer List, whether they like it or not.

I have little to offer in return for getting to be part of the Physics Forums community...it was like olde tymes, truly, hearing the chit-chat and seeing the funny ways of the scientists again, like happy times of days past for me...much appreciated.

In parting, I have only a few ideas gleaned from my little life to offer:

Never back up more than you must.
Don't try to make sense out of nonsense; it will make you ill.
Don't do things that let yourself down.
Try to have an appreciation for the horn sections of bands.
Be cautious, but don't be cynical.
Move towards the positive and try to keep on your feet.
Always be fair, even when that means you take it right in the panties.

Thanks again, and here's hoping for happiness for each of you. If anyone wants my ferret avatar, they are welcome to him.

Holly

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't make me get out the duct tape, holly.

I'm serious.

- Warren

:frown: leaving already? we only just met! someone pass me a tissue... However I speak for myself when I say that I'm not a scientist... I'm here for kicks n giggles. Uh, but enough about me. As Judas Priest sang "You don't have to be old to be wise" and I think that you are one of the wisest people I know... as long as you arent 80 or something.

I bid you a fond farewell and wish you the best of luck in your life.

And remember, if you are too open minded, your brain will fall out. I don't know where that fits in but what the hey, I don't care.

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at goodbyes, usually people just slam the door on my face and that saves any hassle.

Last edited:
Why's everyone being so nice?
I'm sort of upset. Just use us for homework help then when you don't need us any more it's good bye forever?
I feel so used. first jp then holly. This is why I refuse to help anyone in the homework section, well, that and because I don't know the answers.

Bye Holly! I will miss your fanged ferret face! :frown:

I don't understand why you are leaving though. :confused:

Good bye Holly, very sad to have to say goodbye. Take care and do some wonderful things with your life.

You're not leaving. =[

cookiemonster

HOlLY! Don't go! They have computer bars everywhere! Even close to sonography programs! You must keep your ferret face and come back and tell us how it's going! I expect to be reading wonderful things about Holly Ferret-Face in the professional journals in very short shrift! :biggrin: :wink:

chroot, I always figured you for a 'duct-tape' kind of guy... :wink:

Last edited:
Alas, the end has come! Fare thee well, friend.

Okay, I know we never actually conversed, but leaving pfs is like really hard. So I bid thee a fare well!
so, GOOD morning
good afternoon,
good evening,
good night,
And, at last, good morning again! You will find a new beginning.

-Imp

First rule of Physics Forums is you never leave Physics Forums

Second rule of Physics Forums is you never leave Physics Forums

Third rule of Physics Forums is if you leave you will eventually come back :smile:

Last edited:
The_Professional said:
First rule of Physics Forums is you never leave Physics Forums

Second rule of Physics Forums is you never leave Physics Forums

Third rule of Physics Forums is if you leave you will eventually come back :smile:

Whoa, you're making PF sound like a Fight Club. :eek:

Farewell Holly, though I've never responded to your posts, I had fun reading them.

Hahah. PF is a cult/clan/gang/organization/political party/faction/going for a coup d'état, oops, I said too much!

Its like those funny posting rules (if you're not logged in):