Struggling with Undergraduate Physics? Join the Community at PhysicsForums!

• Thread starter Bartellj
  • Start date
In summary, if you are struggling with undergraduate physics, joining the community at PhysicsForums can provide valuable support and resources. With a network of knowledgeable members and a variety of discussion topics, this online platform can help you improve your understanding and succeed in your studies. Whether you have specific questions or are looking for general guidance, PhysicsForums offers a welcoming and collaborative environment for all levels of physics students. So don't hesitate to join and become a part of this helpful community.
Bartellj
How did you find PF?
I googled "physics forum", and this was the first population.
Hello! It's a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to becoming part of this community.

My name is Jacob Bartell, I'm a physics undergraduate student at Grand Valley State University, and I studied physics at The University of North Dakota for two years prior to this. I was born and raised in Michigan, and went to Central Michigan University right out of high school to be a music major, however this wasn't my calling. So, I took a break and worked to support myself.

Then I decided I would like to go back to school, and moved to North Dakota to be a student again. There I found a passion for learning that I had never experienced before, and I knew that I didn't want to major in music anymore, so I set my eyes on other avenues. As fate determined, I found physics and haven't looked back. I've never been adept at mathematics, but I found a great love for this field that I just can't seem to shake off.

That being said, I have a tremendously difficult time understanding the content, and have come here seeking advice for physics students, and a community that can help me maintain motivation to understand the content, as I've been feeling extremely discouraged recently due to some not-so-great grades. I also hope that I might be able to help other students who are going through what I'm going through, or at the very least offer my moral support.

I'm looking forward to getting know anyone who wishes to get to know me, and I'm hoping that this forum can help get me where I need to be, so that I may return the favor when someone else needs that same help.

I hope to hear from you soon, and I hope you are all well during this chaotic time!Jacob M. Bartell
Grand Valley State University
Physics/Astrophysics Undergraduate Studies

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Jacob.

Yes, earning an undergraduate degree in Physics or Engineering is very challenging, but very rewarding. Hang in there, and learn how to study hard and well (we can help with that). Post homework problems that you are having trouble with in the Homework Help forums, and show your best efforts to start working the problems. You will get good help here if you show your best efforts. :smile:

Likes sysprog