What topics are commonly discussed in the Physics Forums community?

• Thread starter Ishika_96_sparkles
  • Start date
In summary, the Physics Forums community commonly discusses a wide range of topics related to physics, including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, and thermodynamics. Other frequently discussed topics include mathematics and engineering, as well as specific subfields such as particle physics and cosmology. The community also engages in discussions on current events and advancements in the field of physics, as well as offering support and resources for students and professionals in the field. Overall, the Physics Forums community serves as a valuable platform for sharing knowledge, discussing ideas, and promoting collaboration within the world of physics.
Ishika_96_sparkles
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Hi!

I am a second year Bachelor's student doing physics (Hons.). My core interest is in the physics of waves, quantum and statistical mechanics.

I want to get a good grasp of theoretical ideas that form the basis of the undergraduate course. Mostly, my queries would be related to the above three fields along with occasional EM thrown in. My effort would be to get good pedagogical answers that help build a sound conceptual basis and a solid foundation for the graduate school later on. I like to independently read up on popular science and also try some advanced textbooks like Sakurai's or Shankar's Quantum mechanics books (although i do not get most of it!).

My purpose is to hold good discussions and meaningful threads. It would help if the questions already answered are pointed out so that no time is wasted.

Thank you PhysicsForums for accepting me as a member.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes Ishika_96_sparkles
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
Ishika_96_sparkles said:
It would help if the questions already answered are pointed out so that no time is wasted.
You can use the SEARCH engine in the upper right corner of the forum window (look for the magnifying glass symbol). It works pretty well for finding previous threads about subjects that you're interested in.

Likes Ishika_96_sparkles
PeroK said:
:welcome:
Thank you PeroK

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

You can use the SEARCH engine in the upper right corner of the forum window (look for the magnifying glass symbol). It works pretty well for finding previous threads about subjects that you're interested in.
Thanks for pointing that out Berkeman! I think i would be enjoying me time learning and contributing here.

Likes berkeman and PeroK