New to this forum - Fascinated about physics

In summary, this forum is for people who are new to the field of physics and are interested in learning more about it. It provides a platform for individuals to discuss and share their fascination with the subject, as well as ask and answer questions related to physics. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, this forum offers a welcoming and informative community for all those interested in the world of physics.
BootstrapParadox
How did you find PF?
Google search
I was trying to further look into the fact as to why photons don't experience time and I came across this amazing forum! Planning to indulge in discussions in my free time.

I am a software professional by trade. I have to admit, I'm not good at math. I resented math classes in school and university, it is something I've had problem with, always! Math has never been my strong suit. Not a day goes by where I think I should have tried harder to master concepts (the basic ones, at least - partial differential equations, integral calculus etc) that would have helped me to better understand the mathematical versions of theories like GR. I'm still trying to learn the basic match concepts now and then to see if I get any better. But I've always (since I was a teenager) been interested and fascinated by the concepts in physics (on a theoretical level). I have explored some of the concepts of GR, SR and some of the 'truth about reality' at the quantum scales that QM has to offer.

Hopefully, I'll be able to discuss and bounce ideas here on this forum with like-minded people and have fun :cool: .

PS : I, for one, strongly believe that we aren't alone in this universe. It would be a shame to not share all this space-time with other sentient beings on a piece of rock around another star (s). It is hard for me to believe that life is exclusive to a single "mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam".

Physics news on Phys.org
BootstrapParadox said:
How did you find PF?: Google search

Hopefully, I'll be able to discuss and bounce ideas here on this forum with like-minded people and have fun
Welcome to PF! It's good to have you here. :smile:

Keep in mind that we discuss mainstream science here, and don't allow personal speculation. Questions based on the mainstream literature are definitely welcome.

Likes BootstrapParadox
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF! It's good to have you here. :smile:

Keep in mind that we discuss mainstream science here, and don't allow personal speculation. Questions based on the mainstream literature are definitely welcome.
Thanks @berkeman - I'll keep that in mind!

Likes berkeman