Is This Forum Truly Unscientific?

• Thread starter Allen Roberts
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hi
In summary, the question of whether this forum is truly unscientific is a complex one. Some argue that the lack of rigorous research and evidence-based discussions make it unscientific, while others believe that the open and diverse nature of the conversations make it a valuable platform for exploring diverse ideas and perspectives. Ultimately, the determination of the forum's scientific validity may depend on individual perspectives and the standards used for defining scientific discourse.
Allen Roberts
I've was reading a post that I had found on here, and decided to sign up and see what it was like to be a member. I'm not a genius or even good at math, but I have a few cool ideas from time to time and like to do research on them, and most had formerly pertained to physics in the form of cosmology, which led to magnetics and gravity.

So, Hi!

Physics news on Phys.org
Allen Roberts said:
I'm not a genius or even good at math, but I have a few cool ideas from time to time and like to do research on them, and most had formerly pertained to physics in the form of cosmology, which led to magnetics and gravity.

Please be aware that PF rules do not allow discussion of personal research/theories which go beyond the scope of mainstream science. Other than that, welcome to PF.

That really just makes this a forum for basically students of just mainstream science and honestly, the politics of keeping mainstream science, well, mainstream. Which, in a world of true science, makes this site pretty much, unscientific. How sad.

Allen Roberts said:
That really just makes this a forum for basically students of just mainstream science and honestly, the politics of keeping mainstream science, well, mainstream. Which, in a world of true science, makes this site pretty much, unscientific. How sad.
LOL. We are a great place to learn about the real world, and real science. If you prefer pop-science imagination, the PF will not be your primary source of entertainment. Welcome to the PF. This thread is locked.

Allen Roberts said:
That really just makes this a forum for basically students of just mainstream science and honestly, the politics of keeping mainstream science, well, mainstream.

Pretty much.

Allen Roberts said:
Which, in a world of true science, makes this site pretty much, unscientific. How sad.

On the contrary. "True" science operates according to (usually) rigorous methods and strives to meet high standards that we at PF value greatly. The rules by which our site operates places us just about as close to being scientific as you can find. If you think otherwise, then you are free to go elsewhere.

Edit: Whoops, looks like Berk locked this while I was typing.

Likes berkeman

Related to Is This Forum Truly Unscientific?

1. Who is Allen Roberts?

Allen Roberts is a scientist who specializes in the field of [insert specific field of science here].

2. What is the purpose of "Hi, Allen Roberts here"?

The purpose of "Hi, Allen Roberts here" is to introduce oneself and establish a connection with the audience or reader.

3. Why does Allen Roberts use this phrase frequently?

Allen Roberts may use this phrase frequently as a way to personalize and humanize their communication, making it more relatable and engaging for the audience.

4. Is "Hi, Allen Roberts here" a common phrase in the scientific community?

It is not a common phrase in the scientific community, but it may be used by individual scientists as a personal communication style.

5. Does "Hi, Allen Roberts here" have any scientific significance?

No, "Hi, Allen Roberts here" does not have any scientific significance. It is simply a personal phrase used for communication purposes.