Joining Physics Forums for Basic Help and Resources

• Thread starter hermgnos
  • Start date
In summary, joining Physics Forums provides access to basic help and resources for individuals seeking assistance with physics-related topics. By joining the forum, members can connect with experts and receive concise summaries of content, without having to reply or respond to individual questions. This makes it a valuable resource for those looking to improve their understanding of physics concepts.
hermgnos
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Hi Everyone!

I've come across reference to this site a few times and decided to hop on and take a look around.

I didn't do very well with Physics in high school, over half a life ago, but I've always had an interest in it that I felt exceeded my actual logical and mathematical ability. Lately, I've dusted off my old Giancoli 3rd Edition, taken some Algebra and Trig refreshers, and dug in, in hopes of actually getting some basic handle on the math of things.

So far, going much better than expected, but as I'm working through rotational mechanics, I'm hitting a couple of walls, and while looking up some clues on some of the questions at the chapter's end, I realized:

1) there are a couple of answers that I can follow in terms of the math, but I'm having trouble with how some of the specifics of the formulae were chosen.

2) this site kept coming up in the search, and it looked like it could be something fun to join.

So here I am. I will probably ask for some really basic help in places, but also hope to look through the various resources here and just see what else happens.

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

hermgnos said:
How did you find PF?: Google Search

I will probably ask for some really basic help in places, but also hope to look through the various resources here and just see what else happens.
Welcome to PF -- it's good to have you here.

For schoolwork-type questions (even for self study), please start a thread in the Homework Help section of PF. You will be asked for the Relevant Equations (just list down which ones you think apply to the problem), and you are asked to show your work so far on the problem. As long as you show your work, you will get good help on your questions here. It also helps us when you show your work so far, since it shows us what you know so far and where you are having troubles.

Enjoy! :smile: