How to Enter [x]/x on TI-84 Plus Calculator: Simple Notation Question

• Thread starter chrisdapos
  • Start date
In summary, simple notation is a condensed system of writing mathematical expressions that uses symbols and mathematical operations. It is different from standard notation in that it is more efficient and easier to read and write. Simple notation is important because it allows for complex mathematical concepts to be expressed clearly and concisely, and it is commonly used in computer programming and scientific fields. To learn simple notation, one can take classes or use online resources and practice regularly. While it is most commonly used in algebra and calculus, it can also be applied in other areas of mathematics depending on the context.
chrisdapos
Hello! I just was wondering how to enter [x]/x into my calculator to get a graph. When I try, I get a syntax error. Thank you for your help! BTW: I have a TI-84 plus!

Physics news on Phys.org
The simplest would be to write: [tex]\frac{\sqrt{x^{2}}}{x}[/tex]

thank you!

Related to How to Enter [x]/x on TI-84 Plus Calculator: Simple Notation Question

1. What is simple notation?

Simple notation is a system of writing mathematical expressions using symbols, numbers, and mathematical operations. It is used to represent complex mathematical concepts in a concise and organized way.

2. How is simple notation different from standard notation?

Simple notation is a more streamlined and condensed version of standard notation. It uses fewer symbols and abbreviations, making it easier to read and write. It is often used in computer programming and other fields where efficiency is important.

3. Why is simple notation important?

Simple notation allows for complex mathematical concepts to be expressed in a clear and concise manner. It is also used in computer programming, where efficient and organized code is crucial. Additionally, simple notation is often used in scientific and engineering fields to represent equations and formulas in a manageable way.

4. How do I learn simple notation?

Simple notation is often taught in mathematics and science classes, as well as in computer programming courses. There are also many online resources and tutorials available for learning simple notation. Practice and repetition are key to mastering this notation system.

5. Can simple notation be used in all areas of mathematics?

Simple notation is most commonly used in algebra, calculus, and other fields of mathematics that involve complex equations and formulas. However, it can also be used in other areas of mathematics, such as geometry and statistics, depending on the context and purpose.