High School Grades: What to Know Before Applying to College

In summary, the person is looking for information about high school grades and post-secondary education from physicists, engineers, mathematicians, chemists, etc. They are specifically looking for information about the grades and programs of these individuals, as well as their study habits. The person also makes a note that some of the questions may seem personal, but they are not intended to be.
Fifty
Where to begin??

Well after a little bit of browsing these forums, I've come up with more answers than questions -Which is definitely not a bad thing: "I’d rather live with a good question than a bad answer," -Aryeh Fremer.

So I guess this question should clear most of my anxiety, and give me a better idea of where I will end up.
What were your high school grades like?

So if you are reading this, could you fill out this sort of template in your reply, should you choose to leave one.

Occupation: (generally, I'm looking for physicists, engineers, mathematicians, chemists etc. to be answering this)
High school grades: (can be percent average, individual grades, or just grades you received in math and science courses)
Program you applied to after high school: (civil engineering, computer science. I'm not asking for where to applied to, just what program)
Prerequisites for that program: (titles of courses, not course codes. Course codes vary from board to board)
Anything else you want to add with regards to post-secondary education.
Study Habits:

P.S. Upon reading this over, some of these questions sound personal: they are not intended to be. Sorry if that is what it sounds like. I just want to get an idea of where I am.

Physics news on Phys.org
Occupation: EngineerHigh school grades: 91% average, A's in Math and Science CoursesProgram you applied to after high school: Mechanical EngineeringPrerequisites for that program: Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, Computer ScienceStudy habits: I was very disciplined and organized with my studies. I would set aside a specific amount of time each day to study and review material, and I made sure to take frequent breaks to keep me from getting overwhelmed. I tried to ensure I had a good balance between studying and having a social life, so I wouldn't get burned out.

Related to High School Grades: What to Know Before Applying to College

1. What impact do high school grades have on college applications?

High school grades are one of the most important factors that colleges consider when reviewing applications. Your grades reflect your academic performance and potential, so they can greatly influence admissions decisions.

2. Is there a specific GPA that colleges look for?

There is no one specific GPA that all colleges look for. Each college has its own criteria for what they consider a "good" GPA. However, most colleges do have a minimum GPA requirement for admission.

3. Can one bad grade ruin my chances of getting into college?

One bad grade is unlikely to ruin your chances of getting into college, especially if the rest of your grades are strong. Colleges also take into account the difficulty of your classes and any extenuating circumstances that may have affected your grades.

4. Do colleges only care about grades in academic classes?

While grades in academic classes are generally given more weight, colleges also consider grades in non-academic classes such as art, music, and physical education. These classes can demonstrate a well-rounded skill set and interests outside of academics.

5. Can I improve my chances of getting into college if my grades are not very strong?

Yes, there are ways to improve your chances of getting into college even if your grades are not very strong. You can focus on improving your grades in your remaining high school years, participate in extracurricular activities and community service, and write a strong personal statement or essay that highlights your strengths and potential.