Hello from physics maths hobby guy

• Thread starter cosmic onion
  • Start date
In summary, the "Hello from physics maths hobby guy" is an individual with a passion for both physics and mathematics. This person is likely knowledgeable and skilled in both subjects, and enjoys pursuing them as a hobby. Their enthusiasm for these fields may manifest in various ways, such as engaging in experiments, solving complex equations, or discussing theories and concepts with others. Overall, the "Hello from physics maths hobby guy" is someone who finds joy and fulfillment in exploring the world through the lens of physics and mathematics.
cosmic onion
Hello all.

I have been interested in physics , maths all my life but was never very good at putting the correct answer on an exam paper so never made it in academia. This put me off the area for a few years but being a bit older I realized you don't need to be great at something to enjoy it. I have played golf for many years and I'm still no good at it but it has not stopped me from playing and enjoying it, so why can maths and physics be the same. I learn for fun and the personal fulfilment from understanding. I like physics and maths framed in its historical context. It's often the things that are fundamental to a subject that are passed over as simple that turn out to have consumed large amounts of time and thought for example energy and momentum.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! Be sure to check out the Insights section for some great tutorials. :smile: