Hello from a Retiree in Georgia

• Thread starter Gillespie1983
  • Start date
In summary, a retiree in Georgia shares their experience and perspective on retirement in the state. They discuss the warm climate, friendly community, and affordable cost of living. They also mention the various activities and opportunities available for retirees, such as golfing, fishing, and volunteering. The retiree encourages others to consider Georgia as a retirement destination, highlighting its charm and welcoming atmosphere.
Gillespie1983
How did you find PF?
DuckDuckGo
Hello. I'm a retired embedded software engineer who loves math, physics, and electronics--none of which I'm good at. Current dabbling includes Yale Physics on-line course, KhanAcademy for calculus review, and ilectureOnline for EE. I build guitar distortion pedals for a hobby, and enjoy modifying the circuits to obtain different sounds.

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes Gillespie1983
Check out Leonard Susskind's series called "The Theoretical Minimum" Those courses are specifically designed for people like you and they are very popular. The video quality is also much better than most video courses, and that's critical. You can find them on Youtube. The courses (10 lectures each) are enough to keep you busy for a long time.
  • Classical Mechanics
  • Quantum Mechanics
  • Special Relativity
  • General Relativity
  • Statistical Mechanics
  • Particle Physics
  • Strings/standard model/supersymmetry/M-theory ... advanced topics
  • Electromechanics and quantum fields are also in one of the courses, don't remember which.
Some of the courses were repeated in 2008, and again in 2013. Choose one or the other for continuity, but don't jump back and forth.