Greetings, fellow scientists and engineers

• Thread starter Lateralus.
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Greetings
In summary, the conversation revolved around a new member joining the forum and expressing excitement to be a part of such a supportive community. The conversation later shifted to discussing favorite fish and a potential PF Sisterhood, with Evo being the ring leader and mentioning some new members who have joined. The purpose and qualifications for the Sisterhood were briefly discussed but not fully revealed. The conversation ended with a recommendation for a music album.
Lateralus.
I've decided to register after a few visits to this wonderful site. I recently have returned to school (took me 10 years to figure out what I wanted to do:redface:) for undergraduate studies in Electrical Engineering and/or Applied Mathematics.

The members of this forum seem to be extremely helpful, and I hope to contribute as I learn. I am very excited to have found such a wonderful community with whom I can share my passion(s)!:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Lateralus, I hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome fellow newcomer!

Jump into the soup!

What's your favorite fish Lateralus? o:)

Evo said:
What's your favorite fish Lateralus? o:)

What an interesting question!

For my money, I don't know that it gets any better than a good seared ahi (sesame crust) on top of some mixed greens - white rice one the side. :smile:

Lateralus. said:
What an interesting question!

For my money, I don't know that it gets any better than a good seared ahi (sesame crust) on top of some mixed greens - white rice one the side. :smile:
Ooh that does sound good. Doesn't get you out of the PF fish whacking initiation though. :biggrin:

fishslaprk7.gif

Hmm I believe the question was never answered. So let's say the favorite fish is probably the Tylochromis lateralis

Tylat_u0.jpg

Evo said:
Ooh that does sound good. Doesn't get you out of the PF fish whacking initiation though. :biggrin:

fishslaprk7.gif
Evo, have you every played Ultimate Fishbee? I think you might like it.

Evo said:

fishslaprk7.gif

:smile: I should not have picked such a massive fish!

Andre said:
Hmm I believe the question was never answered. So let's say the favorite fish is probably the Tylochromis lateralis

Tylat_u0.jpg

Much less painful than the Ahi tuna, I'd imagine. Excellent name as well! :approve:

Evo said:

fishslaprk7.gif

Hahaahaaaaaaaaa, I like that one! Soon enough Lateralus.'ll be whacking new PFers with fishes :biggrin:>>>>>>>>>> Welcome to PF :)

Lucky me, I haven't been whacked by one! Hmmmm, I wonder why?

Welcome Lateralus! Also, welcome Average Joe!

drizzle said:
Hahaahaaaaaaaaa, I like that one! Soon enough Lateralus.'ll be whacking new PFers with fishes :biggrin:>>>>>>>>>> Welcome to PF :)

Lucky me, I haven't been whacked by one! Hmmmm, I wonder why?

I believe this procedure is exclusive to the PF Sisterhood, if my research is correct. I wasn't sure what was going on until I viewed AverageJoe's thread and found some subtle clues.

Lateralus. said:
I believe this procedure is exclusive to the PF Sisterhood, if my research is correct.

How do you know we actually have a PF Sisterhood? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lateralus. said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2538454&postcount=15

The above post inspired me to do a site search of this forum, with the term 'Sisterhood', using google. Although most of the posts mentioning the Sisterhood were fairly old, I did not see any information about it no longer being around, only that it was https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=122526". I would guess that Evo is/was a member?
I am the ring leader.

New sisters added since your well researched thread are Lisab, GeorginaS, Drizzle, mcknia, ~christina~ & physicsgirlPHD, that I can remember off hand, although the shoe sizes of some have not yet been verified (exceptions have been made), the original sisters all wore a size 8 shoe except Tsu.

Evo said:
I am the ring leader.

New sisters added since your well researched thread are Lisab, GeorginaS, Drizzle, mcknia, ~christina~ & physicsgirlPHD, that I can remember off hand, although the shoe sizes of some have not yet been verified (exceptions have been made), the original sisters all wore a size 8 shoe except Tsu.

Interesting!

Is shoe size the primary qualifying characteristic for admission? What is the Sisterhood's purpose?

Maybe I am stepping into classified information. I am half-expecting to receive the "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" line. :smile:

At any rate, thanks for the warm welcome! :smile:

here's a good album:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Tool-lateralus-album.jpg

Related to Greetings, fellow scientists and engineers

1. What is the purpose of greeting fellow scientists and engineers?

The purpose of greeting fellow scientists and engineers is to establish a sense of camaraderie and collaboration within the scientific community. It encourages open communication and the sharing of ideas, which can lead to advancements in research and technology.

2. How do greetings among scientists and engineers differ from other professions?

Greetings among scientists and engineers often involve discussing current research and scientific discoveries, rather than small talk or personal matters. It is a way to connect with others who have a similar passion for science and technology.

3. Is there a specific etiquette for greeting fellow scientists and engineers?

While there is no set rule for greeting fellow scientists and engineers, it is generally expected to be respectful and professional. This may include introducing oneself, exchanging business cards, and engaging in meaningful conversations about science and technology.

4. Why is it important for scientists and engineers to greet each other?

Greeting fellow scientists and engineers is important because it fosters a sense of community and encourages collaboration. It also allows for the sharing of knowledge and ideas, which can lead to advancements in research and technology.

5. Can greetings among scientists and engineers lead to career opportunities?

Yes, greetings among scientists and engineers can lead to career opportunities. By networking and building relationships with other scientists and engineers, one may gain access to job opportunities, collaborations, and mentorship opportunities that can further their career in the scientific field.