Exploring the Intersection of Science and Medicine: Finding Your Passion

• Thread starter amoreperfetto
  • Start date
In summary, exploring the intersection of science and medicine involves discovering one's passion for the field and the various ways in which science can be applied to medicine. This can include conducting research, developing new technologies, or practicing medicine in a specialized area. It is a dynamic and constantly evolving field that offers endless opportunities for individuals to pursue their interests and make a meaningful impact on society. Whether through academic studies, hands-on experience, or a combination of both, finding one's passion in this field can lead to a fulfilling and rewarding career in the ever-changing landscape of science and medicine.
amoreperfetto
Greetings everyone! I'm new to this forum. I love learning, exploring, and teaching anything I can. I feel like the pursuit of knowledge is my purpose in life. I graduated with a B.S. in Neuroscience, and just took the MCAT (still waiting on my score :nb)). Thinking I'll continue onto medical school to pursue surgery, but am interested in too many different sciences to pin down the "perfect" career. I'll likely end up just career jumping my whole life. :oldlaugh: I love electronics. Especially with quantum-related advances. I've been learning more about programming lately (Python, R, and playing around with IBMQ). Aaand before I ramble a novel out, I'm excited to join another community of fellow scholars! :oldbiggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What kind of patient contacts have you had so far? That's great that you want to get into Medicine, especially surgery.

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What kind of patient contacts have you had so far? That's great that you want to get into Medicine, especially surgery.
Thank you for the welcome! And other than shadowing my mom back when she was still working, unfortunately none. :doh:
I know that'll be a weakness in my applications. I have more time available now, so might try getting in some volunteer hours.

And I like your Yamaha R1! The color is beautiful! I had a R6 before my Z1000. Probably best I don't have a full-fairing litre bike...I tend to have issues with my right wrist...:oldeyes:

Likes berkeman
amoreperfetto said:
And other than shadowing my mom back when she was still working, unfortunately none. :doh:
I know that'll be a weakness in my applications. I have more time available now, so might try getting in some volunteer hours.
I wasn't thinking so much about your Med School applications, I was thinking more along the lines of whether you know that you really enjoy patient contacts. That's pretty important to know before you invest so much of your time in Medical School.

To avoid hijacking your New Member Intro thread, here's a link with more about this: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-and-medicine.915728/#post-5770341

Feel free to start a Private Conversation with me if you want to discuss it more, or start a new thread in the Career Guidance forum. :smile: