Exploring the World of Physics: A Scientist's Journey Back to Hands-On Work

• Thread starter Toe4
  • Start date
In summary, "Exploring the World of Physics: A Scientist's Journey Back to Hands-On Work" is a book that follows the journey of scientist Dr. Steven Pollock as he returns to the world of hands-on physics research after years of teaching and administrative work. Through his experiences, the book explores the importance of hands-on experimentation and the role it plays in advancing our understanding of the physical world. It also delves into the challenges faced by scientists and the broader scientific community, including the pressure to publish and the need for collaboration and communication. Overall, the book provides an insightful and engaging look into the world of physics research and the passion that drives scientists to continue exploring and pushing the boundaries of our knowledge.
Toe4
Greetings and salutations!

I don't know how I've never come across this forum before, but I think I'm going to like it here. :smile:

I work in the engineering world but I never get to do the hands-on fun stuff; I get to write reports (which can be fun...to a point). Thus I have to tinker at home. I studied Materials Engineering and I'm looking to get back into some hands on work with vacuum system at home. I'm looking forward to getting some advice, seeing what other people are working on, and chatting about the awesome and mysterious world of physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile: