Exploring the Frontiers of Theoretical Physics: A Greeting from DESY Hamburg

• Thread starter weningth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hello
In summary, DESY Hamburg is a research center in Germany that focuses on exploring the frontiers of theoretical physics. It is home to multiple particle accelerators and experimental facilities, allowing scientists to study the fundamental building blocks of our universe and the laws that govern them. DESY Hamburg also collaborates with international partners to push the boundaries of knowledge in fields such as astrophysics, particle physics, and cosmology. The center is a hub for cutting-edge research and innovation in theoretical physics, and serves as a welcoming environment for scientists from around the world to work together and advance our understanding of the universe.
weningth
How did you find PF?
Google
Dear all,
I am new to this forum and I am looking forward to having revealing discussions with you on here.

My name is Thomas, I am 25 years old and currently writing my master thesis 'Parton Density Functions for Heavy Gauge Bosons and the Higgs' at DESY Hamburg. My field of interest is quantum field theory and actually also general relativity. I am a theoretical physicist through and through. An equation as a result alone does not satisfy me in the least. My expectation to myself and to physics is to understand how to get to that result from first principles. Although, I want to learn to be more okay with making more leaps of faith.

I hope I can learn a lot from you all and maybe also contribute to the knowledge offered on here.

Greetings,
Thomas

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: