Exploring the Fundamentals of Theoretical Physics: An Introduction

• Thread starter otennert
  • Start date
In summary, theoretical physics is a branch of physics that aims to explain the fundamental laws and principles of the universe through mathematical models and theories. It encompasses various subfields such as quantum mechanics, relativity, and cosmology, and seeks to understand the nature of matter, energy, space, and time. The study of theoretical physics is crucial in advancing our understanding of the universe and has led to groundbreaking discoveries and technologies. It requires a strong foundation in mathematics and critical thinking skills, and continues to be a fascinating and ever-evolving field of study.
otennert
Gold Member
How did you find PF?
Via Web
After having joined PhysicsForums, I've been asked to introduce myself. Here we go:

I am a Theoretical Physicist, and my areas of expertise are Quantum Field Theory and General Relativity. I have completed my PhD at the University of Tübingen (Germany) on Yang-Mills Theory on a Lattice, and the question of why quarks are confined.

Though not actively doing research in the field, I consider myself quite good in shape regarding the basics of the field(s). The money I make for a living has to do with mainly something else, but Theoretical Physics is my passion.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. It's great to have you here! :smile: