Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #18,761
gmax137 said:
**Actually, this is a Sign hanging on a door

As an aside, I recently saw someone suggest that the collective noun for a group of pedants should be "an actually." As in, "an actually of pedants has already commented on the post."

A brace of pedants:

1712797217374.png

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...-alexa-shouts-butcher-what-is-brace-pheasants

Likes gmax137
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #18,762
Bandersnatch said:
Rock-paper-scissors-spock-lizard
If anything it should be
Rock-spock-paper-lizard-scissors
Each option is defeated by the next two.

• #18,763
Likes WWGD
  • #18,764
1712805177597.png

• Haha
Likes pinball1970, DennisN, WWGD and 6 others
  • #18,765
1712857911880.png

Likes DennisN, davenn, WWGD and 2 others
  • #18,766
My wife just said that if I don't get off my computer and help with the dishes shes gonna slam my head on the keyboard but I think shes jokinhwnnriowenjauhuhyfewbh48943983wbedjhhfws7hg873243nbiu2q378hgfdbuifqbqwuiehguh-asdhnjqweiorijndaklajhb

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes davenn, gmax137, dextercioby and 2 others
  • #18,767
self-esteem.jpg

• Haha
Likes DennisN, Swamp Thing, davenn and 4 others
  • #18,768
jack action said:
My wife just said that if I don't get off my computer and help with the dishes shes gonna slam my head on the keyboard but I think shes jokinhwnnriowenjauhuhyfewbh48943983wbedjhhfws7hg873243nbiu2q378hgfdbuifqbqwuiehguh-asdhnjqweiorijndaklajhb
It's a good keyboard to resist that kind of a beating and still keep sending keypresses, though.

Likes davenn and BillTre
  • #18,769
Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?

A referee called a fowl.

• Haha
Likes davenn, topsquark, BillTre and 1 other person
  • #18,770
It seems Dr Jack Kevorkian, aka Dr Death, was an accomplished pianist. He even put out a record: " Jack Kevorkian: Unplugged".

• #18,771
1000050903.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Likes pinball1970, 256bits, DennisN and 2 others
  • #18,773
The other night, I was invited out to the Arena to watch playoff hockey with the guys. Told the wife that I would be home by midnight: “I promise!” Well, the team won, and the pretty lights caught my attention - as well as a few bachelorettes, and it seemed the honky-tonks were calling my name. The hours passed, and the Virgin Islands rum went down way too easily. Around 3 a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home. Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and cuckooed three times.

Quickly, realizing my wife (a lovely missus, by the way) would probably wake up, I cuckooed another nine times. I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution to escape a possible conflict with her. (Even when totally smashed… 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals 12 cuckoos= MIDNIGHT! ... nailed it!)

The next morning my wife asked me what time I got in, and I said proudly, “MIDNIGHT”…. she didn’t seem pissed off in the least. Whew, I got away with that one! Then she said, “We need a new cuckoo clock.” When I asked her why, she said, “Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said “oh crap”. It cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.

• Haha
Likes davenn, BillTre and Borg
  • #18,774
1712936799218.png

Likes pinball1970, 256bits, DennisN and 4 others
  • #18,775
1712994583333.png

• Haha
  • Love
Likes Wrichik Basu, pinball1970, DennisN and 7 others
  • #18,776
Orodruin said:
We used to be able to lift 5000 times our own weight too (how do you think Stonehenge got built?), but it's been downhill since the Romans got here.

• Haha
  • Love
Likes pinball1970, DennisN, nuuskur and 2 others
  • #18,777
Nowadays it's more like this:
worker.png

• Haha
Likes pinball1970 and DennisN
  • #18,778
1713025902455.png

• Love
  • Haha
Likes pinball1970, DennisN, jtbell and 5 others
  • #18,779
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 8.39.58 AM.png

Likes DennisN and collinsmark
  • #18,780
Can of Worms.jpg

Likes pinball1970, DennisN, Ibix and 5 others
  • #18,781
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.43.06 AM.png

• Haha
  • Love
Likes pinball1970, nsaspook, DennisN and 5 others
  • #18,782
Thundertooth.JPG

Likes davenn, BillTre, pinball1970 and 2 others
  • #18,783
True story:

More than 30 years ago, we were looking to fill a vacancy in my department. Our pile of applications included one from a guy named Ding, and one from a guy named Dong.

Our chairman said, "Too bad we can't hire both of them. Then we would have Ding, Dong and Bell."

• Haha
Likes davenn, pinball1970, collinsmark and 5 others
  • #18,784
jtbell said:
a guy named Ding, and one from a guy named Dong.
I had a TA in undergrad with one of those last names. His first name was Luong. (true story)

• Wow
Likes phinds
  • #18,785
jtbell said:
True story:

More than 30 years ago, we were looking to fill a vacancy in my department. Our pile of applications included one from a guy named Ding, and one from a guy named Dong.

Our chairman said, "Too bad we can't hire both of them. Then we would have Ding, Dong and Bell."
Sounds better than Wang, which is a pretty common name ...

• Haha
Likes phinds
  • #18,786
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 7.48.40 AM.png

• Haha
Likes collinsmark, DennisN, Borg and 1 other person
  • #18,787
NeverEnding story.jpg

Millimeters and Inches.jpg

(I've never thought about this odd thing, but it's true (at least in Sweden), we measure screens in inches for some reason :smile:.)

Perfect Guy.jpg

• Haha
Likes davenn, pinball1970, 256bits and 1 other person
  • #18,788
How dung beetles celebrate Christmas.
LePoopery.JPG

Likes DennisN
  • #18,789
Orodruin said:
Sounds better than Wang, which is a pretty common name ...
One of the other grad students in my research group in grad school was actually named Wang!

• #18,790
I've probably posted this link before, but I couldn't resist when you talked about Asian names... :smile:

I'm not sure about the quality of this restaurant in Indonesia...

Edit:

And a screenshot from Google Maps :smile: :

Sum Ting Wong.jpg

• Haha
  • Informative
Likes davenn, nsaspook, jack action and 2 others
  • #18,791
jtbell said:
One of the other grad students in my research group in grad school was actually named Wang!
I may have posted this before: I once had a Dutch boss named "Dale E. Werk."

-Dan

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes berkeman, DennisN and BillTre
  • #18,792
topsquark said:
I may have posted this before: I once had a Dutch boss named "Dale E. Werk."
I am sure this has been posted at least once previously.

Niklaus Wirth (creator of Pascal and structured programming maven) was reputedly asked how his name should be pronounced. Pausing a moment he replied "That depends. If you want to call me by name, it is Viert. If you want to call me by value, it is Worth.

• Haha
Likes topsquark, jack action, phinds and 4 others
  • #18,793
1713222864912.png

Actually, when I was a kid .... it was still a manual phone exchange system
the operator in the phone exchange was like ......
1713223187072.png

not the one from my childhood town that Dad took me to ( Mosgiel, NZ), in the late 1960's
but representitive of it
And in 1976, I got a job with the local branch of the NZPO that also did all the telephone stuff.
By then Mosgiel and surrounds were now automatic exchange.
Going into the mid 1980's and I was still with NZPO ( NZ Post Office) and was part of the reequipping the tourist town of Queenstown with a digital telephone exchange - upgrading from a manual exchange like above.

Last edited:
Likes BillTre
  • #18,794
1713225345467.png

Rule, never give your loaded weapon to a Naval officer, give it to the Marine E1 (lowest enlisted) instead.
Navy once again demonstrating the vital roll of the U.S. Marine's Keeping small arms away from Navy Brass.

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes davenn, phinds, BillTre and 1 other person
  • #18,795
"Boy, that sure is a little biddy ship out there!"...

• Haha
Likes davenn, phinds, gmax137 and 1 other person